Monday, October 7, 2013

33 - Cooking at Home

I'm no chef, trust me when I say this! but being home all the time really gets boring so I have to think of creative ways to entertain myself.  So I have decided to cook! yes, just as simple as that, twice a week - that's what I told my husband.  First thing first - Look for some simple easy recipe online and start from there, don't over whelm yourself and start making a gourmet dinner and the whole nine yard! It doesn't (totally) matter how the food turns out, as long as it's edible -"Trial & errors!!"
And to make things a little more fun, I blast up the music, make myself a fruit juice, have the tv on, and I start cooking!  Oh, and the best part of home cooking is, if you don't like carrots - Don't add carrots and replace it with whatever you like..lol

 Here's one super easy, and super yummy recipe that will be the talk of the town during the holiday seasons.

Candid Yams Recipe

Ingredients
  • 3 pounds sweet potatoes or yams
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 sticks sweet butter, cubed

Directions
Peel potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes. Place potatoes in large pot, cover with sugar, brown sugar and butter cook over medium heat until potatoes are fork tender (about 20 minutes) but not mushy. Serve and enjoy this sweetness of heaven!!

Hope you guys find it fun cooking by yourself as much as I do!!  If you know of any great simple recipe, please do share w me!

Recipe credit: The Food Network

No comments:

Post a Comment