Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1 - Train for a Marathon

“Life is a journey, not a destination.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

You learn a lot about yourself while you train for a marathon. One thing I’ve learnt while training is that I’m one of the most determined person you’ll ever meet and capable of doing anything I put my mind to. You'll challenge yourself  and you will know what your strengths and weaknesses are. Whether you are excited about running in the rain or snow, getting up at 5:15am or you're just not motivated to move. One thing I know for sure is if you 're commited to train for a full marathon, you'll stretch yourself to much greater length as a person with displine & determination.

Do you get up excitedly before the alarm goes off at 5:15am on a rainy Friday morning to go for a 5k run? When you love something so much, you just do it. You go with the flow.

Do you love what you do? If you don't, why are you still doing it?



A funny conversation on a Facebook post

May-Ling Yuen Another 6:30am run! Good morning!
  • May-Ling Yuen I have the most awesomeness dedicated running buddies that r crazy enough to run early together in the morning :) :) January 13 at 8:38am ·
  • Trevor B. Kwok good on you guy's ... way to go iced my ankle all night long it was difficult sleeping but worth it ... ill be back to the run in no time January 13 at 11:03am ·
  •  Yvonne Huynh SERIOUSLY Guys...

    I got home at 7:30am, then took a nap cuz I was running with 2.5hr of sleep. I jumped up at 8am!!!! and I was like WTF!!! I'm late for my run....then realized I just came back from our run!! then I crashed again until 10:2...0am...did NOT want to get out of bed!!! I did NOT want to get out of bed!!! 
    January 13 at 12:09pm ·
  • Shaun Lockwood You guys are the running all stars, nothing can stop them! :)  January 13 at 1:58pm ·
  • Greg Viger M B I admire your commitment to your goals. Way to go girls! January 13 at 8:25pm

01.20.11 - Training for the Vancouver BMO Marathon on May 1, 2011 in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment