Wednesday, February 9, 2011

20 - Bikram's Yoga


Seriously, you DO NOT have to be that flexible to do yoga. I've been doing Bikram's for the pass 6years and I definitely can't touch my head to my toes like that!! There's a misunderstanding where most people feel that they have to be super flexible and that's totally not true. I'm still trying to perfect my poses and everytime I go, I manage to learn something new about my stretches. So don't be discourage if you don't get it right the first few time.

I remembered when I'd first join Bikram's in Vancouver, there were probably 6 people in the class. Now that it's more popular, you'll get 40 - 50 people in the room and the energy level is AMAZING! I do encourage you to check it out.

As well, here are some of the benefits in Bikram's yoga, also known as Hot Yoga:

  • Improve your concentration
  • Tone your body
  • Good way to meditate
  • Eye hand cordination improves
  • Sleep improves
  • Blood pressure decrease
  • Respiratory decrease
  • Improve flexibility and strength
  • Stress reliever
  • Cleanse your skin, detoxify
...don't forget to breath while doing it!!




1 comment: